– The 2015 Paris Agreement set a global goal to reach Net-Zero carbon emissions in the second half of this century (by 2050) to combat climate change.
– Climate change is caused by the long-term heating of the earth’s climate, due primarily to human activities related to burning of fossil fuels.
– A reduction in energy related greenhouse gas emissions is fundamental to reducing the adverse effects of climate change.
– This requires a transformational shift in the global energy system from fossil-based fuels to renewable and green sources of energy (e.g. solar, wind, hydro).
– Governments and companies are working to realign their policies and strategies towards the Paris Agreement by setting targets to limit global warming.
– The energy transition in well underway with significant ongoing efforts to decarbonize several industrial sectors globally…
How is your organization adapting to the energy transition? Contact Optimal Greening to help develop and implement your green transition plan.